Jul 22, 2016 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Event hosted by: Automation Alley
Our Connected World: Understanding & Adapting to Industry 4.0
Today’s manufacturing landscape is changing rapidly as our factories become more connected. With the rise of the Internet of Things, opportunities for businesses are tremendous, but challenges also exist as manufacturers race to understand and adapt to this latest industrial revolution, or Industry 4.0.
To help companies better understand the changes ahead, Connected Factory Global, in partnership with Automation Alley, is conducting quarterly research reports on critical topics related to the larger domain of the Industrial Internet of Things. These quarterly reports will provide rich content with solutions to new and trending manufacturing issues. Gain valuable insights with real life application, all designed for you to take action on the factory floor!
Our first debriefing: Cyber Security for Industrial Control Systems
Join Automation Alley for a breakfast debriefing as we dive deep into the first quarterly report: “Cyber Security for Industrial Control Systems.”
With an ever-increasing number of interconnected devices helping to automate operations, comes greater security needs. But when it comes to manufacturing or process automation, very few are asking about industrial cyber security. Could it be that many don’t know what to ask?
Come find out what 30 key industry players including Microsoft, Intel, IBM, Symantec, Intellisecure, Exosite, Moxa, IIC (Industrial Internet Consortium), ISA (International Society of Automation) and others had to say about the state of cyber security.
A panel discussion will include industry experts who will review the following key questions and organizational decisions:
• What is cyber security relative to industrial control systems (ICS)?
• Why is ICS cyber security important to manufacturers?
• Which cyber security threats are most relevant to manufacturing industrial control systems?
• What are the technologies and solutions available to address ICS cyber security threats?
• Who are the organizations who provide solutions to mitigate ICS cyber security threats?
The panel discussion will be followed by a Q-and-A period.
Upcoming quarterly report topics will include:
- October, 2016: “New Business Models Enabled by the Industrial Internet of Things”
- January, 2017: “New Jobs and Skill Sets for the Industrial Internet of Things”
- April, 2017: “The Connected Factory: Where to Start”
Ford Motor Company
Co-Chair, ISA99 Committee
International Society for Automation
Maximus Blackbourne CHFI,CSMCEO
Founder at Blackbourne Worldwide
“The Hacking Intelligence Agency”